Thursday, September 18, 2008

my first post

INTRO: My name is Chad I'm from Ohio I just turned 37 and I have a lovely wife and 7 year old daughter. For those of you who don't know me I'm friends with the "Design Goddess".

OK I've been lurking for months now and figure it's time for me to post since I'm 37 years old and I tried something new today.

Of course my first post would have to be about food! Today I tried Pad Thai for the first time. I have two words for it "SIMPLY INCREDIBLE". I can't believe as much as I like Japanese, Chinese, and food in general that I haven't tried this stuff before now. Generally I get some sort of chicken dish (General Tso's) when I go to restaurants that serve Chinese and Thai.

OK that pretty much sums up what I did or didn't do at work today. I ate. That is pretty much always the highlight of my boring, mindless, unrewarding days at my workplace. They do however pay me so I suppose I'll keep showing up to my might as well be stealing from the State of Ohio job.

So you're comment homework is to tell me your favorite Japanese, Chinese, Thai or for that matter any type of dish.

9 comments:

Duck said...

Hmm, well, favorite "asian" dish huh? I'll have to go with a good Thai red curry, although Vietnamese spicy chicken is a guilty pleasure of mine too. Welcome to the blog Chad. It's not too active anymore, but I'm glad you posted.

Travis Erwin said...

Teriyaki chicken is about as fancy as I get because I can't do rice. Reminds me too much of maggots.

Rocketstar said...

Spicy red hot Kung Poa Chicken.

Welcome.

Phats said...

Hey Chad!
I didn't know you were posting on here that's how bad I have been about keeping up with this blog.

Your post made me hungry that's for sure

JM said...

I am going to have to say that I like sushi.
My all time favorite food to eat though--and I can eat them no matter how I'm feeling---Buffalo wings with blue cheese.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should change jobs - like to one with a fine corporation-sponsored cafeteria?

Design Goddess said...

Well you know me...I'm up for most any food as well. I must admit though that I'm a sucker for a good pizza.

As for the Asian influence, some sushi isn't bad and I like the whole hibatchi chicken/shrimp dish. Although, since reading Travis' comment, I'm not sure if I can eat rice again!!!

G. B. Miller said...

What I used to love eating for Chineses food was Won Ton soup.

Alas, it now messes with my diabetes.

Ribonuff said...

I want Pad Thai Now!!! Or Sooner!!!
Eh, Scanning, scanning ...

Amalgamation - The merging of many things to form one.

What's this blog all about? See the first post
.